Monday, January 31

Zero Courtesy Drivers


What Pattern Are You?

I heard it on the radio that in England, there is a suggestion that all traffic lights should be removed to observe if the traffic can flow smoothly without them. Of course, this depends a lot on motorists whether they are willing to tolerate each other on the road. I am most definitely positive that this would not work in my country. Not in a million chance. Malaysian motorists are notorious on the road. They don't obey traffic rules in the first place. Why in the world would they bother to respect other drivers? I don't mean all Malaysian motorists behave that way but I am refering to most, and I can say at least 50%. I see drivers zig-zagging through a heavy traffic on a daily basis. They try to overtake every car even though there are so many vehicles around. When they try to cut into your road, they miss your car merely by inches. It is unjustice that they get away like that without being slapped a fine.

I must say that patience is one thing that is lacking in 80% of drivers. I think it is wise to stop and let the pedestrians who are standing between the roads to cross. However, try doing that and all you get are impatient honk honk coming from behind, urging you to move on. Ok, maybe it is pointless to stop because they will cross eventually when there are no vehicles. Nevertheless, I still feel the need to stop if you spot elderly people trying to cross. Lately, the government is encouring drivers to keep a distance from the vehicle in front. Still, this afternoon...a car was so close to my car's rear that it can kiss my car's ass if I had an emergency break. Then the driver honk me because I couldn't overtake the bike in front. The road was narrow enough and there were cars coming from the other direction. What did he expect me to do? Knock the motorcyclist? Those fucking drivers are so impatient. They think that overtaking is a standard procedure on the road. Grrr...sometimes I just felt like overtaking them by running over their car in a monster truck.

I cannot imagine what it would be like without traffic lights. We might not get anywhere then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home