Saturday, March 5

Mmm...Did You Notice My Drools?

I made dad bring me around town to survey the market price of Canon 300D. The cheapest goes for about $2700 :] Lovely! There are many shops that have been there for more than a decade. You can actually make very good bargain with them. I was spared the usual $5 processing fees to process my digital photos. By right, we shouldn't be charged that amount. At first sight, the shop looks old and small. Then, you see thinning hair, aged salesman in there. You may get the first impression that they don't have any digital cameras in store. When I entered, I was entertained by very friendly and helpful salesman. I rarely get that in those big modern camera shops in shopping malls. It's always those steely stares from them whenever I look at their chunky cool SLRs. Maybe I look like a teen who wants to have a digicam but can't afford one. There were many lenses on display shelves too. Plenty of stuff I've never seen, like the table-top tripod and filters. Most new camera shops never display them. Well, that's it! No more Lam Loong or Fotokem branches :P

There was nothing much to look for at the clearance sale I've mentioned. A Nikon D70 + 1GB unbranded CF was selling at $3999. Pricey! Somehow, I was thinking there will be filters and accesorries. But, nope. Some earlier digital camera models were placed in a rack, ready to be disposed of by potential buyers looking for cheap digicams. I think I saw my p&s through the corners of my eyes. It has been almost 2 years since I bought mine. I turned away immediately because I can't bear to look at the price >_<

I was dissapointed that there is no market for used dSLRs. However, it's been a great day. I feel so happy today! ^____^

<< Home