Friday, August 12

Cleanathon Day on Hazy Day?

I'm skipping school tomorrow. Yay! Just to catch Justice League on tv :) Damn the Cleanathon Day...we shouldn't be at school on a Saturday anyway. But it's a replacement for the day that the school closed to hold an interstate sporting event. Besides, it is getting hazy here as well. The haze situation is at its worst state in KL and it seems that we might be affected too in matter of days. It may appear that the northern states might be spared from this environmental disaster due to the direction of the wind during this period. Never throw caution into the wind. This morning started out beautifully and I was about to hike up the hill to take pictures. In all of a sudden without warning, I smell smoke and I look out the window staring at a hazy landscape. I believe the air quality is still under control and it is not as critical as in some regions of KL which hit an API reading of 500, prompting a declaration for a State of Emergency. As I said, only time tells whether we living in the North will be affected. It is night time and I still smell the unmistakable acrid smoke I'm too familiar with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home