Saturday, August 20

Disciplinary Action

music: Stereophonics - Dakota

We were severely punished, verbally, for doing something which is considered disgusting and unethical in the eyes of our teacher. Taking bites of food in class is an immoral act? We do admit that it violates the school law. Yes, we broke the school rules. But to the point of accusing us of being immoral and telling us that she is disgusted with this is absolutely absurd. How could a teacher think of her students like we are criminals who had committed heinous crime of rape. As anticipated, I was called to stand up to explain the situation.

I didn't manage to regain my composure and I was fucking scared at that time that I stuttered in my first few sentences. The stuttering was because I almost broke down in tears and my voice was going to betray me. I've never been confrontational with a teacher or a person with a higher authority. I was scared shit. I didn't know how to respond and everything that came out of my mouth was incoherent. She made me repeat three times what I had said because she couldn't hear me. But my classmates were confident that she did that merely to hear these words "We admit that we are wrong for doing..." again and again. It was humiliating...my response was equivalent to that of a 7 year old. Then, I paused and thought, why should I give a fuck about being afraid? I'm only dealing with an irritated teacher, not a soldier at the Abu detention camp who threatens to drag me into a torture chamber. I came up with another reason, regardless of whether it will satisfy her request for an explaination or not.

Besides me, she made the class assistant and a Prefect to answer. They didn't utter a sentence, thinking that it would be better to shut up. But the lack of response only reignites her anger. Ms. Prefect said something. Angry Vicious Teacher shot her down. Angry Vicious Teacher couldn't and wouldn't accept any of the reasons we had given her. The Notorious Class defeated.

For 1 hour and 10 minutes, we endure bitter long hours of silence doing homeworks while she brings up the issue from time to time. While my classmates can relax afterwards but I am the corrupted class president who joins in the rule breaking fun and has to report to the teacher on a daily basis. Cheers to me and the tough days underlying in front of me.

Our Chemistry teacher has no qualms about us eating in class. In fact, she goes the extra mile by staying in class with us while we ate so that we could pretend that we were having lessons. Meanwhile, this teacher keeps the issue afloat, refusing to let it go. Alright, alright...dammit...we get it. You've done your part by scolding us about irresponsibility and disrespecting school law. Why can't she turn a blind eye instead of threatening to report this exaggerated matter to the discipline teacher?

We are not small children who listen, absorb and take in everything that is said. We have a mind of our own as well as our own reasoning. We will retaliate if we find it uncomprehendable or unacceptable. She can scold all she wants yet we might not be sorry. In case she hasn't notice, we are standing on the land of a developing nation, in the 21st Century, getting bombarded daily through the media and the internet about free speech and individual rights. Using anger against us, is a wrong approach at this stage because we are not afraid to argue what we think is right. To make us understand and accept a point, we would appreciate it if a softer approach is used instead of resorting to harsh insults.

Bloody Rabbit

I dot the tissue with my blood. Come on baby why don't you bleed like me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home