Friday, August 26

A Prize Giving Ceremony

music: Switchfoot - The Beautiful Letdown

The sky is really beautiful for the past few days. Puffy, fluffy cumulonimbus clouds dotting the clear blue sky. Perfect day for wide angle photos. It's unfortunate that I don't have the camera with me nor the lens. Grandpa is still keeping his 17mm lens with him. I have to go to the hotel in the afternoon for a prize giving rehearsal which is to be held tomorrow. After paying $50 for the dinner at the hotel, I'm on the losing end. The prize for the top result in a particular subject would be... a certificate and $30 I presume? Just like every other year. Which means I'm paying an extra $20 to receive my prize. I don't expect the food to be spectacular because it never is, like the two Graduation functions I attended which I had to fork out $60 each time. But yeah, I should be thinking positive. Tomorrow, I'll be eating other than my usual home-cooked food in a grand atmosphere while enjoying performances by various fellow students. Besides that, I get to shake the gabenor's hand when I receive my prize and catch a glimpse of a very prominent minister who once had her education in this school. There... :)

I got 4 cds for a very good price. I bought Telepopmusik, Feeder and Switchfoot. And the other cd (Westlife) is for dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home