Wednesday, March 29

V For Vendetta

music: Bird York - In Too Deep



Finally, they throw us a good movie to watch. There hasn't been any noteworthy movie showing at the theatre since Wallace & Gromit. Brokeback Mountain was completely banned and I think Syriana was probably too sensitive to be shown. Deprived of good films for a month, I went to watch V For Vendetta with a few friends yesterday. It was FABULOUS. The movie touch on some political and social issues which are of our concern today and a dash of comedy in it. I was probably the only one who observed the formation of a Mexico wave during the blow-up scene where the protesters removed their Guy Fawkes masks because I cracked up all by myself. Was it just a figment of my imagination or was the scene not supposed to be funny? Nobody in the cinema laughed but me and I thought it was hilarious that they would incorporate that into the scene. That aside, I love the lesbian storyline albeit the funny feeling watching it with friends >.< Though short, it was significant because that's what spurs V to execute the idea. Hey, why aren't there any V For Vendetta merchandise like masks, cloaks, bald head caps, replicas of Valerie's note, etc? It would be nice to have my hands on a smirking Guy Fawkes mask.

Two more months to the World Cup! I wish I was in the midst of planning a trip to Germany with my friends instead of a budget trip to an island resort *sigh*. We might even be staying at a backpacker's inn for $6/night.

1 Comments:
At 11:02 am, Blogger green said...

I love that this movie was about gay liberation and liberation from an oppressive government. I want a Guy Fawkes mask as well. I'll have to look for one.

The great Kelka doesn't like my shirt, although it wasn't my idea! I just made one online like El Presidente suggested. Don't bring it up on the Planet's blog, they will erase all references to it down the memory hole.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home