Sunday, October 23

Broadband

Yep.. I've set up my dsl connection! Took me a painstaking three days to do it. Which is rather a waste of effort, strength and time. I should have had gotten the ethernet network card earlier instead of using the usb port. The modem went undetected when I plugged it into the usb port. I messed with all the settings to no avail. Two days after that, I decided to just purchase the card. It was quite a task to pry open the piece of metal at the back of the casing, and so, more time wasted. When everything was set up beautifully, I plugged the modem to the ethernet port and yeehaw, broadband! It took a year for the dumbass company to make it available to us. Wow. And very wrong timing too because I'm facing a major, major examination and now I spent so much time setting up the connection.

Anyway, immediately I open the pre-downloaded TLW Season2 torrent file on Azureus. Unfortunately, the highest download rate recorded was merely 6kb/s. I came to realise from forums that I need to forward the port the one Azureus is using. I forwarded the port but no stark improvement. I didn't think that would have anything to do with the client. Then, I went to find some podcasts to test the download speed. Found Lesbian Soup which is really amusing and downloaded like three podcasts at maximum speed. Eventually, I switched to BitComet client today. The download rate is higher now.. about 22kb/s max. I thoght that multiple connection like p2p should be really fast, as claimed, but apparently direct download from the server is twice faster. Humpph. 99 hours for 4.45GB of Season 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home